Labels

Sunday, September 7, 2014

How To Write A Poem


I am fanning the charcoals
with a composition notebook
hey don’t burn that she says
there’s a poem in there

a journal is a lovely place

to put your world down I say
as I hand it back step aside
and watch her start writing

everything down intently
naturally knowing how
each thing requires thought
she waits for the spirit

then not stopping driven
she’s off into that inner sky
how big is it now I wonder
then a loud bird churrs

and tears her from herself
she looks up waves at the bird
as if to an old friend
now she’s observing

angling her head to gaze then
drawing going back and forth
capturing the forms
where she can see the soul

of something she starts singing
to herself and I re-join her
see the coals are glowing
wanna see the poem I drawed

okay I say little pictures
and perfectly spanned lines
squiggled on the page lovely
I say there is a poem in there

No comments:

Post a Comment